terça-feira, 23 de setembro de 2008

Organism I – Guache et Aquarelle sur papier.


The motif of ‘Organism I’ came from my former studies of the Human Body (Physical Education studies), mixed with the actual Fauvism art studies and motivation. The Fauvist masters might not be satisfied yet with the final result, but they would not deny the evolution and mainly the passion I have been working towards their teachings. The black is not one colour; it is all colours. It will be ignored. It won’t appear in the paintings. It will be taking off of the paleta. The white is not present here; it is to be avoid, however it is essential to create some new colours; colours near to the six pure ones. ‘Organism I’ tries to shock, but it doesn’t. It fails. A colourful painting is never going to shock; will it? Perhaps no. Perhaps I am not really trying to really shock the viewers, but amaze them. A Fauvist painting does amaze the sight. The aquarelle type of paint must be looked after better, its transparent colours are beautiful.
How will the Fauvism be reinvented, till I can call it ‘Reinvented Fauvism’? Time will say.

Nenhum comentário: