sexta-feira, 10 de abril de 2009

The Cranberries Fauvista Expressionista Cubista!
















I really wanted to give this painting another name, but that would be a heresy. This board has been hanged on the wall for quite many years. It used to be a poster of the rock band The Cranberries. I guess a friend of mine gave it to my brother, who used to like the band. I do like the band too, but I was tired of that poster.
I passed on it a kind of paste (kind of a plaster). We wait for one or two days, and then it gets hard. It is used to refurbish furniture, something that me and Isa have making lately – as you can see on the others texts and pics -. Afterwards one is supposed to sand, with a sandpaper. We usually do that with the furniture. However, I haven’t sand the boar, therefore the relief of it and the texture is quite tick; like that, it became more difficult to be precise during the painting.
I was just starting to paint when I realized I still could see the drawing under it. The four members of the rock band sat on the sofa. I copied it. During the copy, I realized I couldn’t see some parts, so I googled it and found the photograph again on the internet, the cover of the cd. I haven’t copied too precise, coz the aim was not that. I wanted it to be a little unrecognizable. I got it. One hardly can see what it is…some people sat..a friend told me there is a man, a child sat on the floor, and another man. Whatever…I aimed it to be very abstract..that was the original aim. When I first thought about the painting, I thought it being completely abstract, like the table SO it became much more than an abstract painting. I don’t wanna be an abstract painter. Shall I be a Fauve Abstract Expressionister…yes, we are all very complicated people!!

Nenhum comentário: